The Little Fish

Sunday, March 12, 2006

You awake champ?

Those were the words that were in a text Kyle sent me at 3:20am Saturday morning. The message tone bleeped me awake and when I saw those words I thought 'Omg he better just be at the back door wanting me to unlock it and let him inside'. So I staggered out of bed and opened the back door only to find no one there. Three texts later I was pulling on a jumper and some pants over my pyjamas and getting in my car to pick him up from Scarborough :o

And then...Brindy wouldn't start (which I only figured out why the next day..but that's too much of a blonde moment to discuss here) so I was tramping backwards and forwards, going back inside to get Mum's keys to the Rav, unlocking the Rav, then remembering I needed P plates (even at 3am I reckon police will be out...and I'm too scared to even speed. It's just a paranoia thing I have going on. A fine is the last thing I need), so heading back to my car to get the spare P plates from the glove box, then starting up the Rav, all this time trying to make as little noise as possible. I was just waiting for Mum to come outside with her hands on her hips to ask me what the fark I was doing.

So got away without anyone coming outside to tell me off, got to Scarborough, thinking the whole way 'I am such a good sister I am such a good sister I am such a good sister' and found Kyle waiting not at all where he said he would be (grrrr) and proceeded to experience the drunk half of my brother for the first time all the way home. It actually made me laugh a bit...he and I act so similarly when we have had a bit to drink! LOL! He told me all about how he saw Donna (an ex who was practically my age and was friends with one of my friends from dancing) at the Lookout and how she has 2 kids now and is only like 21. He couldn't get over that, even when I told him that it does happen. It was so funny...he was all 'Having two kids is just...not cool'. He is so unprepared for adulthood, even though he is already in it, lol! Anyways, I suppose he was just talking out of his arse cos he was smashed.

Anyways, he was all 'why are you speeding?' as we turned into our street. 'Do you want to get back to bed or something?' and I was just like 'What do you reckon?' Honestly...men! When we did get home I was all 'You owe me...big time' and walked half asleep back into the house. Funny thing is, I was half asleep on my way to pick him up that I barely heard the radio, but when I crawled back into bed at 3:50am I could not stop singing the Nickelback song that I remember being on the radio at the time in my head! Ahhh annoyance! I didn't get back to sleep for more than half an hour! And my tag of my shirt annoyed me the whole time because when I peeled off my jumper to get back into bed I somehow turned my shirt around so that it was around backtofront. And I put my pyjama pants on inside out when I put them back on. Who can see these things in the dark? Hmm that's how half asleep I was and how much I wanted to get back into bed.

Anyways, that's my good deed for the year, lol!

1 Comments:

  • Bah you're too nice!

    I would have said "get an effing taxi. good night."

    :)

    By Blogger MissPia, at 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home