The Little Fish

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Burnt to a crisp

Yep, skin cancer here I come. I am so burnt after today! It is agony just sitting in this computer chair. I am burnt pretty much all over except for my lower legs, my face and my hands. But none of it hurts, only the backs of my legs cos I think they keep coming in contact with surfaces as I am sitting down all the time.

I think when you pour cold water onto sunburn and it drips off you hot then you know it's bad. I hope I can get dressed tomorrow :o( Dancing could be difficult too. But no matter - I will have the best tan in this street in a weeks time! Yay! Shit I am so burnt that when it heals I will be so brown :oD

Scored some dirt cheap cds today when I went to the markets - I am so chuffed. For just $25 I got the soundtracks to Miss Saigon, Evita and the Sound of Music. And the SOM is the Lisa McCune version! :oO I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it on the shelf! It was worth the creepy salesman chatting me up and calling me a soundtrack lover. You just can't get the Lisa McCune version in Perth as far as I know, cos she never performed here as Maria, so I am stoked!

In other news my dear friends, in case you didn't already know, I bought a car last Saturday! :oD Yay! it's a cute little silver and grey laser, top condition, low k's and just perfect for me :o) It is fabulous choofing off whenever I want or whenever Mum starts to annoy me. And even though it means I am seriously low on funds now, and I must learn to budget and divide up my pay packet every week and allocate a certain amount to rego, dancing, paying back Mum and Dad, petrol and a million other things, it is still super. Independence - you are my new best friend :o)

Can't be bothered writing anymore, so I will leave you all. Here's hoping Elle had a happy birthday on the 7th!

Listening to: Music from Miss Saigon - London Cast Recording
Loved: Elle www.end-of-innocence.org
Support The Telethon Institute for Child Health Research www.ichr.uwa.edu.au

1 Comments:

  • You know I don't actually really care very much for the Sound of Music - I don't think I've even seen the whole movie all the way through...I always get bored by the time they're on the run from whoever they're running from. But yeah, I don't care too much for TSOM - it's just that this is Lisa! :o) So I had to have it.

    You're probably right though Rosy - same thing happened when I bought the Cats soundtrack a few weeks ago. It's the Australian cast recording and it's dodgy! No wonder it was only $7.

    By Blogger Believe in the Impossible, at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home