The Little Fish

Friday, January 13, 2006

Late nights and rain

That's what it's like outside tonight. Been a true shit of a day, not like summer at all! I woke up at 11am when my alarm went off (no one was home to bug me to get up...ahhh I love it when that happens) and I scooted out of bed half asleep knowing I really should check if my work clothes were out on the line in the rain. Thankfully they weren't so I scrambled back to my little cave of blankets :o) Got up at about 1:45pm (I know, I'm a slob, but hey I like sleeping ok!) and Mum rang up like 3 seconds after I'd staggered into the kitchen asking if I'd had lunch yet and should we go out to lunch and I was like 'Dude, I haven't even had breakfast yet!' so I just skipped it and went out and had lunch at Miss Maud's with her.
Last night me and Sam went to the Leedy to meet Win and Heidi and some of the others. Was sort of a non event, cos me and Sam were going to go together and she had a dinner to go to first and said she'd be done before 9pm cos she said she wanted to go then so we could avoid the line, and so anyways, she said she'd text me when she was leaving home for the traino and she didn't message me til like 10 o'clock! I was like 'OK it shuts at 12, we are going to have zero time there' but I got dad to drop me at the traino anyways, and I had to sit there for like 15 minutes before Sam even showed. And Shannon was with her :o We ended up having to take a taxi anyways cos the trains aren't running after 8:30pm this week cos of all that work they're doing in Perth on the new station. What a piss off as PM would say.
Anyways, so I had never been to the Leedy before, but I'll tell you, it was a bit of a let down. And omg I've never been in a hotter club before in my life. We went up stairs to the r'n'b room which was apparently better than downstairs which is apparently the techno part. But mother of god, it was boiling in there! OMFG I just couldn't believe it! Sweat was pouring off everyone!
So yeah, probably the only exciting part of the night was that I saw Basil Zempalis there (he's the weekday sports presenter on Channel 7 Perth's 6pm news in case anyone didn't know) and that I didn't spend all my money on drinks like I always seem to (like NYE!) cos we weren't there long enough!
I don't really know why I'm creating a blog entry tonight. As you can see, I don't have much to write about. I'm a bit nervous cos Friday is d day for Blue Heelers and I am so afraid it will get axed! *sniff!* I so don't want it to, I will be so crushed if it does! Oh pleeeaaassseee channel 7 - just don't be bastards for one day and keep BH on all this year!
I am a bit down right now I have just realised actually. I guess I am worried about Nanna - that's funny, me actually admitting to being worried about her. But I am. Her surgery was successful today, the surgeon rang Mum to let her know. But then at about 8:30pm she had to go back into surgery because they couldn't stop some bleeding or something. I don't really know, no one ever gives me the full story around here. But then they rang again at about 10:30pm and she's ok and out of surgery again. What a relief.
Also this 'new me' thing is great and all but fuck it's boring being fit and healthy! Right now I still know I have to do 20 lunges on each leg before I go to bed, and also my sit ups and I should do some yoga too, to at least get some exercise today. Cos I was going to go on a mammoth bike ride today but then when I woke up at 11am I saw what it was like outside and said 'screw that' haha and went back to sleep. I did this about 5 times on and off before I got up at 1:45pm like I said. I will have to go on that bike ride tomorrow. It's supposed to be finer tomorrow. I'm thinking of riding to the beach - that'll be a bitch of a ride but oh so good for my thighs! lol! I have no clue how long it'll take me - probably too long, so I will probably get half way and then turn back and it'll still be hours of riding!
Other than that I have nothing planned for tomorrow. I was thinking earlier this week that I would text VG and ask to meet her at her work for lunch or something, but I have gone off that idea as the week's gone on. Her text's to me have been so short lately. Like I invited her out last night and she replied: "I already have plans for Wednesday night" and I was like "okkk". But that is just her, I know. She doesn't mean it the way it sounds, but still, she should think about putting some character and feeling into her texts cos otherwise they turn out to be bitchy sounding.
I am listening to a version of Eminem's 'Stan' and it has Elton John singing in it too. What the..! It sounds quite strange...ok switching songs now. I am now listening to 'Like Toy Soldiers' Ahhh much better!
I suppose I should go. Oh wait! But not before I mention that Cherie is having a boy! WOW! She went for her ultrasound yesterday and finally got to find out the sex of her little bambino and it's a boy! She said she wasn't going to tell anyone, but I think she couldn't resist. She showed me about 16 pictures of the ultrasound and was like 'See that little something between the legs?' and I was scrunching my eyes at it, trying to make out this little grey animal looking figure (that's what 3D ultrasounds have done to ultrasound photos these days!) and I was like 'Ahhh should I be able to? I can't even see the legs!' but she pointed out for us all that what was in between the legs was exactly what made it a boy, hehe! Shame, cos I was hoping for a girl, but I always had the feeling it would be a boy.

Keep your fingers crossed for Blue Heelers!

Listening to: Like Toy Soldiers - Eminem
More than 50,000 babies die from miscarriage, still birth and prematurity every year - Support the Bonnie Babes Foundation www.bbf.org.au/home.asp

1 Comments:

  • We lost, Brindy :(

    *hugs*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home