The Little Fish

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Don't you just love New Years? Everybody gets a second chance

The beginning of a new year, the second chance for everybody as the title suggests. That line is from Forrest Gum - a fave movie of mine - and I think it really sums up New Years very well. It sounds even better with the American accent the actress puts on in the bar on New Years Eve with Forrest and Lt Dan :o)

2006 is going to be an awesome year for me I've decided. I probably say that every year but this year it's gonna happen. It really is. I'm going to buy a car first of all, one of those pivotal moments in life - the first car - and I am just screaming at the top of my lungs for the independence it will give me. Mum and Dad will probably never see me again after I get it, lol! 'Thanks for the loan Mum! See you next week!' haha

Uni - omg second year. Never ever thought I'd ever see that. First year has flown by before my eyes! I need to be over first year uncrtainties now and put my arse in the air and my nose to the page and work if I'm going to get anywhere. Shouldn't be as hard as first year was as I am actually doing some pretty good units this year and hopefully I will like them enough not to dread going to the classes and having to do the assignments that come with them. And a lot of the are SCAM units (the journalism dept) which often don't have exams. That'd be nice :o) Also will only have to go to uni three days a week which will be so amazingly good. Four days was just too much lol!

And I need to think of my future, lol! Reading a million and one articles about Kerry Packer and his life in The Australian today have made me realise not only should I write a best seller to get me my millions but I should also buy a television station, a radio network, a magazine, a newspaper or all of the above. Haha! And I will. Seriosuly. I'm going to be rich and they're going to write about me in The Australian and The Bulletin one day. You just wait.


Anyways, onto new Years. After so little plans and so much mucking around I was going to go out dammit and I was going to dance until dawn. And I did. Well, almost. SW and I went to Kings Park for a little casual bbq with Win and everyone, stayed there til about 8:30pm and then SW dropped me into Northbridge where I proceeded to go into that hotel across from the newsagent one street down from Aberdeen Street to use the toilet and then ten minutes later had to go again and so went into the Deen to use their toilet lol! I can't believe how anoying my bladder was being last night!

Anyways, AW was so late meeting me, I kept getting texts saying '2 minutes away! Seriously! Stay in the line!' but I didn't want to stay in the line cos I could just see myself standing in the line and then getting to the front and she still hadn't arrived. So I didn't stand in the line which turned out to be a massive mistake. About 10pm she messaged me saying she was already in The Shed and I was like 'WTF! You were going to meet me! I'm outside and the line is bloody huge now and I'm not even in it!' so I had to join the line and this resulted in me standing in the line in my favourite shoes which soon came to be my worst enemy as standing in one spot in them for an hour and a half, let alone a whole night in Northbridge is murder on my poor tootsies. So finally, at about 11:30pm I got into The Shed at last and couldn't even find AW cos her phone was dying on and off. But we found each other at another line - the line for the ladies, which we ended up visiting several times all night long - and we had a super time after that. I lost count of how many Smirnoff Ice's I downed - I think it was between 5 and 7 - but 2 of those were at the bbq which was HOURS earlier so I don't sound like as much of an alcoholic as it might seem - and me and AW had the best time dancing. The dancefloor was the most packed I'd ever seen it - which is actually only once, lol - but I guess everywhere is like that on NYE. It was like an ocean seriously! Just so squashed, a true sea of people. But no matter, we danced on anyway! Staggered out at 2am because it was closing and I was afraid AW would want to continue on dancing somewhere else but thank goodness she didn't. My feet couldn't have handled that. My right foot is still all numb and tingly and it's so irritating! As PM said, I really need to get me some party feet! So we headed to the taxi rank and didn't have to wait as long as we did that weekend we went out for my birthday. Finally got a taxi at, hmm I dunno, maybe 3am, and it took us to Como where her car was and she was all set to drive me home and I was so unsure. For a start I didn't want to become roadkill thanks to my best friend driving after drinking all night and secondly cos I knew if Mum found out she would murder me anyways and thirdly I didn't really want to sit with AW in a police caravan parked on the freeway taking RBT's which she would have of course blown way over .05 into. So I said that I would take the taxi back home even though the rate was ridiculous to get from Northbridge to Como to my suburb. I felt a bit bad leaving her to drive home alone, and even though it sounds horrible I'd rather her and not me. She understood though. She messaged me when she was home and said the guy whose house her car was parked at in Como had tried to talk her out of driving home but she had anyways and thankfully she got home safely as did I, even though yet again I had a creepy taxi driver. Why are they always strange? I thought I would make conversation on the way home and asked him if he'd had a busy night and he answered but the thing was anytime he spoke to me he fully turned around in his seat, totally turning his body towards me sitting in the backseat and taking his eyes entirely off the road for longer than I cared to realise. Haha maybe I would've been better driving home with AW! And it wouldn't have cost me $46.80, lol!

Anyways, was a good night all up me thinks. I slept forever today, not getting up til 4pm. I don't seem to get hangovers though which is a relief and a half. But then I never get drunk enough for that I don't think. Or maybe my stomach and liver are just really accepting. After all I don't drink very often. Anyways, so yes I am feeling fine and dandy today despite beginning the new year with every womans favourite monthly event (oh I know, such luck hey! - NOT!)

Happy New Year!

Listening to: Angels - Lisa McCune - Blue Heelers soundtrack
Save the lives of ill children. Support the Humpty Dumpty Foundation at the Royal North Shore Hospital www.humpty.com.au

1 Comments:

  • Hey Riss!

    Happy New Year!

    Glad to see that you had a good time on NYE! And likewise on the Smirnoff's, we went through a number of Double Blacks ourselves!

    As for shoes you can never win can you? Unless we find that perfect pair of party shoes we have to pay for the good times! Oh well..the good times are definitely worth it!

    Nose on the page eh? Was thinking the same thing now that TEE years are starting...blah blah. Struggled through the Great Gatsby for background reading for Lit...BLAH!

    Wow a car! How exciting! Can't wait to hear what you get, then FREEDOM here you come! Haha care to offer rides? jj have fun car shopping!

    Bec xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home