The Little Fish

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Boringness

I don't really know what to write tonight. Hmmm I just felt like blogging. Although no-one reads this :o( No 45 comments for me like on some other people's blogs!
Today was my usual Saturday, work, come home, dinner, boringness. I am sort of saving msyelf with going out until uni is finished. It has turned me into a terrible recluse, but I just want to go out and have a good time when I'm done with all these assignments and exams and stuff, not when uni is still going and I should be home doing all those assignments and exams. And there is not long to go now, thank god! I cannot wait til uni finishes, then I can stop spending every weekend buried in homework and procrastinating on the internet (much like I am doing now!) and I can put all my energies and adrenalin and effort into the concert. I'm excited. After going through so many hot and cold periods this year about dancing I am excited about the concert. Getting back to my old ways I guess, where everybody else is stressed about the concert being so soon and here is me who thinks thats great cos it means we get to dance there sooner, lol.
I think part of it was because today at work AMc's little sister, Amy, and Emily L, both of whom I used to teach last year, came into the cafe to buy some takeaway and I don't know, I was just pleased to see them, and see some people, even though they're only little kids, still doing dancing and enjoying it and going every Saturday and coming to the shops afterwards wearing their jackets with pride.
A lot of people I know have ditched dancing, for various reasons. Most of these people I don't have a lot of respect for, because they gave it up for a truly pathetic reason.
Anyways, what I meant to say is, it makes me feel good when people I see, whether they are friends I haven't seen for a while, or just anyone really, ask me if I still dance and I say yes, and they think that's really great. Because I really reckon everyone needs to have a passion, something they enjoy doing more than anything else. And I have that with dancing I reckon. And I know that if I ever quit, people would be sooooooo surprised, cos LJ would never quit dancing, she loves it too much and blah blah. And if I quit, then I'd just be in the category of people who I regard as a little pathetic for giving away things for stupid reasons. Of course, there are people who give away hobbies and things because they have a darn good reason, but yeah.
Hmm I don't know what I'm dribbling on about here. I can't think of anything to write! Oh sad news actually, I just rememebred. I got my email from Tracey at Satrlight the other day, telling me when the next info night was, and it's on a night when I can't go :o( I am so bummed, I really was looking forward to it, but you don't know how much CS would hate me if I missed any dancing classes leading up to the concert. She says if you don't come to a class, you're off stage for that part :o And I don't want that, even though I really really want to attend this Starlight info night. She said that if you can't come though your name can be put on the list for the next info night, but god knows when that'll be :o( It might not be for ages. I asked if I could still maybe do some work at the Carols like I saw the Starlight people doing last year, and hopefully she will say yes to that, even though I wouldn't have gone to the info night.
Otherwise I think I will try to get hold of that guy I contacted last year about Carols for Apex and Lifeline. I loved working with Apex and Lifeline, it was such a great night and the best experience, but I would love to do Starlight at Carols just as much. If I can't work with Starlight, I will go with Apex and Lifeline again.
Oh did I mention that stupid Mrs S and CS have changed our dress rehearsal time and now we are having it on the night of the 26th? Grrr I am so mad, cos this now means I cannot help out at TO's concert, which was something I had promised I would do, and had actually suggested myself, and was especially looking forward to it. I couldn't believe it when I saw the note at dancing with the change of time written on it. That is so my luck, dammit! I felt so bad, I was just dreading telling TO, after all it was me who asked her if I could help out, it was my idea entirely , and she was so happy to have me on board to help out as she is desperate for volunteers, and now I had to tell her that I couldn't help her out after all. Talk about leaving her in the lurch! I felt terrible. She seemed to understand though. I thought she would, as she knows you can't miss a dress rehearsal, but still, it didn't make me feel any less bad. Me and CD tried to figure out a plan to get Mrs S to change the time again but it didn't work :o( I actually thought it was a bit low of Mrs S and CS to change the time, as CD and TO had actually invited Mrs S and CS to their concert as special guests as a way of thanking them for being their teachers and inspiring them, and had bought them tickets and reserved places for them in the front row and everything. It was very nice of them, and now they won't be able to go. CD suggested at least they come to the dress rehearsal (which'll be the only bit I will get to see...I am so going to their dress rehearsal!) but they cannot come to that either because of something else they have on.
BM was pretty bummed too when I told her that it meant she too could not help out at TO's concert, cos we were going to do it together, with PM and one of her friends. We have decided that we will help TO out with all her dress and stage rehearsals and PM and her friend will do the actual concert night (as they can't come to the rehearsals) It leave poor TO in a terrible bind though, I mean now she has half the helpers she originally had, and for your first concert that really does not help! Arrggghhh I just feel so bad! :o( This sucks!
I have more to write, but I can't be bothered, so I'm heading off.

Support the Salvation Army's Oasis Youth Support Network www.salvosoasis.org.au
Listening to: You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban

10 Comments:

  • Now Riss! I would comment more often, but it's reaaaaaaaallly hard to catch up on your blogs hun. Besides, checking blogs, and blogging myself hasn't really been much of a priority for me as of late... I don't know why... Heaps of people can't be bothered to blog... pffffffft! What's going around?

    But onto your blog, I'm so proud that you have the passion to dance! I wanna learn to dance... they don't really offer it here for the kids, teens or adults... It's stupid!

    I'm sooooo proud of you too! You do so much to help people out, I think it's amazing! :) <3333

    Stefffy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:45 PM  

  • Aww thanks for coming Steffles :o) You totally made my day. Not many people comment on my blog! But you did - hugs for Steff :o)
    I tell ya too, volunteering is totally becoming a passion of mine big time ;o) You can bet your arse next year I'll definitely be in the Telethon phone room talking to Simone (cos BH will still be on then of course *wink wink*). Oh that reminds me, I saw an ad for Telethon tonight :oO and Simone was on it :o) Must look into buying a ticket for the opening ;o)

    By Blogger Believe in the Impossible, at 10:10 PM  

  • Awwww! You must buy me a ticket too Riss! lol!

    And if you're in the telephone room at Telethon next year with Sim, I'll be the first caller in! ;)

    Try commenting on other peoples blogs too, because the friendly thing for them to do back is comment on yours, and then so on! It's a great way to make new friends!

    <3333 ya lots, and hope to speak to you soon!

    mwah, xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:10 AM  

  • Hey Riss,
    I was shocked to get a comment on sweet-lahi from you but it was a lovely surprise!! :)
    im glad you liked the layout, dancing is heaps fun!!
    ill comment now i know your site! :)
    love rhi rhi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:39 PM  

  • aww you're comments numbers are getting high there :D

    I really am enjoying dancing, just wish I was good at it *pouts*

    I miss you, hope you get my email. MWAH

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 PM  

  • Hey Riss!
    Found your blog thing through Steff's blog!

    Good luck for concert! Myself and some friends (including the one that was in Steps) are entering group dance in Heather Lamont (arts fest) tomorrow! Hehe wish us luck.

    Have a good one!
    Bec xox

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:20 PM  

  • Also whoops forgot to say....have bought tickets for me + my friend to Telethon opening! Good seats too, I'm amped! Hopefully you'll be there!

    Bec xox

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:21 PM  

  • Aww thanks Bec! :D I am excited...its a month today til my concert and everything is happening, including a 30th anniversary party tomorrow night.
    I unfortunately can't make it to telethon this year...I am so bummed you cannot imagine. So I'll be home studying and getting distracted by having the tv on all night long watching the entire telecast. And as you probably remember, I'm going to Dirty Dancing on Sunday arvo...so will miss even more :o( *sniff sniff* What a piss off! I keep seeing the ads too and seeing how Rachel, Sim, Sam and Charlie are all coming. You must hunt them down Bec! lol! Like I did last year with Sim and Ditch ;o) Get photos, autographs everything. And ask Sim or anyone about Susie and Jonesy...or the season finale...or anything of interest to us BH fans, hehe!
    If you want to exchange mobile numbers, I definitely would not mind late night texts ont he Saturday night when all the good stuff happens! This happened between me and Steff last year, was just classic!

    Thanks for visiting my blog..it's boring as anything to me, and I haven't updated for yonkers, but thanks anyway!
    Riss xo

    By Blogger Believe in the Impossible, at 11:21 PM  

  • Aw!
    That sucks but at least Dirty Dancing will be awesome!
    Wish I could go, but am trying to save money for ski trip next year! Have a great time for me!
    And don't worry the stalker in me will be on the loose at Telethon!
    I'll send you an email on your hotmail to exchange numbers;)
    Have a good weekend!
    Bec xox

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:38 PM  

  • Hey,

    Sorry to bother you.

    Like you, I loved Blue Heelers and was ecstatic when they began releasing the DVDs.

    I think its time we make it clear that we want to see further Blue Heelers episodes on DVD. The petition is at: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/BlueHeelers/

    It takes a second to sign and can make all the difference.

    Thank you for reading this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home