The Little Fish

Friday, October 14, 2005

A bambino!

Cherie is having a baby! :) How great is that! I am so pleased for her and Troy. She told me on Thursday night when I first got to work (if anyone reading this doesn't know, Cherie is the owner/chef at the cafe I work at. She co-owns it with her Dad, Rob). I was so shocked, bubbling over with 'congratulations' 'wow!' 'you're joking!' 'yay for you!' and lots of other mindless stupid babble, lol.
When I thought about it though, I realised that I have just been waiting for this to happen, I know her and Troy have wanted to have kids for a year or so now, but have always had to put their plans off for other people. But now they're official (well, as official as 6 weeks can be, lol) and I can tell they're excited as :) Troy has been telling everybody he knows, and even I could see that little glint in his eye. Awww
I am so thrilled for them, it's different when someone you *know* is having a baby, and I am still thrilled, even if it means the end of the cafe :( I can see it happening next year unfortunately. It's the excuse Rob's been looking for I reckon, as it would probably prove too difficult to organise things whilst Cherie will not be working. And goodness knows Rob should not be working anymore than he already is, so I can see him selling. I mean, of course, I hope that they don't, but now that these new plans have come to light, I can see it happening more and more now.
But yay! A baby! haha! Yay for Cherie! I so cannot see her as a Mum, she never gets clucky when babies come into the cafe (even when Helen and Tracey actually bring the babies into the kitchen to try to get her to react and make her realise she needs to have some kidlets of her own!), but I know she realises her clock is ticking, lol, and Troy did say he wanted to have kids before he turned 40 and he turned 40 this year lol! I know Cherie adores her nieces and nephews, but I think I'm going to have to see her with a baby of her own in her arms before I'll get used to her as a Mum, lol. But she is so excited, it's gorgeous :)
Today was Spring Poetry Day at uni for my class. Yawn, it was a bit boring, but hey I got free timtams and other assorted goodies out of it, so I shouldn't complain! I was just eager to get away, cos the plan was to go to His Majesty's after uni to book our Hopman Cup tickets, and I was eager to get there before all the tickets were snaffled up. As it was I didn't get the greatest of seats. I bought for Australia vs China or the Netherlands match and those are premium seats, so actually quite good, and we're in row L which isn't the back but it's not the front. I always knew that a ticket for the final would be doubtful, but I tried, and even though I said I didn't care where I was sitting, I just wanted to be there, I would've liked to get a better seat for 67 bucks. But still, I am just stoked I got a ticket at all! Fifteen years of going to the Hopman Cup and I've never ever been to a final (I know! It's atrocious isn't it?!) so I was determined this year, especially as we may not have the HC for much longer :( *sniff* But yay! A ticket to the final :D Woohoo! DTW is so jealous :P hehe
I wrote up more of my fanfic finally tonight, will email it off to a few people in a minute. I have a bit of a sore throat that has been bugging me all day, and so I'm just being a slob tonight (which is of course annoying Mum) and planning on watching todays BH classic after I get off here. I came home this arvo at about 2:50pm and seriously just flopped onto the bed and just stayed there till Mum came home and annoyingly prodded me awake at about 6pm. I think it was the fact that I had less than 8 hours sleep last night and had to leave home before 8am (ungodly!) to be at uni for 9am today and had to sit through 2 and a half hours of boring poetry talk in class and then combined with this gay sore throat. So I will probably sleep the weekend away even though I have, yet again, a stack of homework to do. Although not as much as last weekend, I do have 2 journals that are due Monday, and I NEED to start my research report as that is due on Friday. Have to fix up my anthology piece and email that to the editing people by Wednesday, and have to do some feature article work and my media journal has totally been neglected! :( Man, am I glad that I did my presentation weeks ago...so many people have to still do theirs, and I cannot imagine having to do mine now with all these other crazy end of year assignments! Oh but yay! No more lit stuff due! Thank bloody God! I looked up my exam timetable today and the lit exam is on the 15th of November. So I ahve a month tomorrow to learnt this junk. I hope I get a better mark for my second assignment (which I handed in today). Last assignment I got 12 out of 30. Not very promising :( I have a feeling I will fail this unit, which of course I don't want to, but I just so don't get it :( I'm never doing literature or anything poetry related ever again! Although it seems half the stuff in the BA is bloody poetry :( I don't like poetry and I hate technical tv and radio and film stuff...hmmm what are my other choices?!

Ciaociao!

Support The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute www.victorchang.com.au
Listening to: Wish You Were Here - Melinda Schnieder Spirit of Christmas 2003 cd (I'm in a Christmasy mood cos I went intot he Myer Christmas shop again today :D I love that place! next Friday I really must allocate more time for myself in there after uni :D)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home