The Little Fish

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I'm freeeeeeee!

Officially finished uni for the year tonight at approximately 8:20pm! Hurrah! That was the time I finished my exam and walked out of that darn room. Oh god it felt great! I don't think I did very well, but who cares! I only need to pass three out of four units and I reckon I passed all my other three, so no worries. And who cares about literature...its stuffed, I am so never doing it again.
It feels so unbelieveably great to be on holidays right now. I cannot get over it. No more study, no more assignments to hand in, no more essays to write, no more bloody research to do....omg it's the greatest feeling ever. This afternoon when I was procrastinating I went onto Rosanna's blog and she was rubbing it in how she'd finished her VCE and all the things she could now do and how great it felt. It was making me go insane with jealousy (and it's all your fault Rosanna! lol!) but now I am all good cos I am in exactly the same position.

Ahhh the things I can do now! I was listing them off on my fingers in the shower just a while ago. I can put allllllll my energy into dancing and get cracking onto all my costumes and all the glittering they require by Sunday and there's nothing more that I love than concert preparation. I live for it! :o) And I can finally get into doing some work for Starlight and at Carols. And I must book an appointment at the Bloodbank so I can get back into donating again (I haven't gone for months and I feel so bad!), and I have to go to Centrelink - this is a Mum nag task - to get a healthcare card, I can finally do that marty Sacks bio for Jackie, and then do all the other ones I planned to do months ago (they go in order after Marty Sacks ;o) After Marty I will do Will McInnes, then Tasma Walton, then Grant Bowley I think. Might do Anne Burbrook after that only cos it should be a short one, cos what has she been in apart from BH?). I can finally write another long awaited long overdue edition of McAullay Weekly for Steff, I can finish all my half finished fanfics, and then get onto all the new ones I thought of today whilst procrastinating from studying....and that's only half of it!

Ahhh on the subject of procrastinating (I know you can relate to this Rosanna!) I did some major procrastinating over the weekend and yesterday and today. See it all started pretty much on Sunday night when we went out to diner to farewell Kyle. We went to the Hogs Breath Cafe (new experience....was impressed but also was not). Anyways! It' s just like a Lone Star, there is all this crap on the walls, but it is cool crap like surfboards and hub caps and guitars and things like that. And all along the rafters on the roof were American number plates and I was having a dandy time reading them all. And then we got onto a conversation about them and Dad mentioned how there were 50 American states and since I am pretty good at general knowledge, later that night when I was studying I decided to see how many American states I could remember. Turns out I could only name about 25 which I thought was a bismal effort. But on Monday I was procrastinating again and decided to get out the encyclopedia and see all the names of all the states written down ;o) So now I have done my homework and I shall test my knowledge here and see how many I can remember off the top of my head right now, 4 hours after an exam that completely fried my brain (I have a feeling I might be surprised at how much I can remember that isn't literature material. Darn it, why can I always remember the stuff I really don't ned?!)
1. West Virginia
2. Virginia
3. Idaho
4. Alabama
5. Iowa
6. Texas
7. Rhode Island
8. New York
9. Massachusetts
10. Nebraska
11. Georgia
12. South Dakota
13. North Dakota
14. South Carolina
15. North Carolina
16. Kentucky
17. Wisconsin
18. Wyoming
19. Louisiana
20. California
21. Hawaii
22. New Hampshire
23. Vermont
24. Arkansas
25. Arizona
26. Michigan
27. Ohio
28. Oklahoma
29. Washington
30. Montana
31. Mississippi
32. Minnesota
33. ok I'm scratching now...ummmm oh Alaska!


OK that's all I can remember! :o( Another bismal effort, but now I've just gone and got my sheet of paper that I wrote them all down on last night and here are the ones I missed

34. Utah
35. New Jersey
36. Oregon
37. Colorado
38. Delaware
39. Missouri
40. Maine
41. Indiana
42. Illinois (I knew there were heaps more 'I' ones dammit!)
43. Florida
44. Nevada
45. Tennessee
46. Connecticut (home of the Babysitters Club, lol!)
47. New Mexico
48. Maryland
49. Pennsylvania
50. and Kansas! How could I forget Kansas!


So there you go, anyone whose reading this now knows all 50 US states! You're set for a pop quiz, lol!

But seriously, that's how extreme I go with my procrastinating! It's lucky I don't have many exams this semester (Tonight's was my only one) otherwise I would've procrastinated my life away! I actually wanted to put on my Late Show Champagne edition dvd and watch the 'We've run out of Melbourne cliches' sketch and copy down all the words just for a laugh and as a special gift to any body I know who lives in Melbourne and who might read this blog. I still plan to do that though, don't worry. And now I can do that without feeling guilty cos there's no need to study anymore! I'm also going to watch the 'What's all that about?' sketch Tony and Mick did and copy down the words for that and put them in this blog cos it is deliriously funny. Everyone should get into The Late Show hey, it is Australia comedy at its best!



Anyways! More news on the me front...this past weekend was Telethon and as always I was glued to the tv all Saturday night watching (it was the next best option cos I couldn't go and be apart of the audience) and I got to talk to Simone! OMFG! Wowsers, it was so great :o) I was stoked! For all non Perthites....let me just tell you....that never happens! You never get to talk to any of the stars when you ring up and donate to Telethon. I've been trying for more than a decade! But on my second call I got to speak to her! Mother of god I was floating, shaking, just so over the moon and amazed that I was actually getting to speak to Simone. I was all tongue tied and speechless but we managed to have a nice little convo. She wouldn't reveal anything about the Blue Heelers season finale, but nevertheless it was great. I mentioned how I was supposed to be studying for my literature exam and also how we met last year when she came over for Telethon and after I hung up I threw my uni books aside and started writing a letter to her, mentioning all the stuff we'd just talked about and so hopefully when she gets it she'll remember me enough to want to reply. Dammit after three letters I want a reply!
Anyways...after all that hyper excitement (ohhh so many late night texts to Bec, Elle and Steff haha!) on Sunday I went to Dirty Dancing with Mum, and just loved it. We had such good seats, I swear when she booked them she told me we were right at the back in the dress circle row R or something, but turns out we were in the lounge like 6 rows from the front! WTF?! I was like 'Did they send you someone elses tickets?!' but we sat there and no one came to kick us out so they mustn't have!
The show was fantastic, I can't believe it took me 19 years to see the movie...what a serious lapse of judgement on my part. No matter that I'd seen Pretty Woman sixteen hundred times (that, like Dirty Dancing is a classic) - I hadn't seen Dirty Dancing until a few months ago! So glad we went to the show. I bought the soundtrack and we listened to it all the way home, lol, singing along to 'I've Had the Time of My Life' :o) I can't get enough of that song...it's a classic too ;o) And Hungry Eyes..makes me think of Hungry Jacks I swear! Did that song used to be in a Hungry Jacks ad?!
Oh and just in case anyone wants to know, the end is the best. You shoud've heard the crowd GO OFF when Johnny came onto the stage and goes 'Nobody puts Baby in a corner' Oh it was gorgeous....and then they did the lift at the end, just like in the movie. Yet again, your ear drums burst because of the noise from the crowd...but that didn't matter cos I was cheering and screaming too. I reckon that last scene must've been the absolute best for the performers to do!

Ahhhh wowsers, that's about all...actually no I have more, but it's 12:25am and I haven't watched todays classic BH episode and I just remembered I have a packet of Twisties in my bag that I got from the vending machine at uni whilst waiting for Mum and I didn't get a chance to eat them so I can eat them whilst I'm watching BH! It was a good episode today too, hurray!

Listening to: Heart's On Fire - John Farnham
Support the Red Cross - give blood, save a life www.giveblood.redcross.org.au

2 Comments:

  • Aww thanks Liz...yeah I keep reminding myself that I am on holidays now. Uni has truly taken me over and I still find myself thinking 'Do I have anything due tomorrow?' 'What am I supposed to have read for that class tomorrow?' and I have to keep reminding msyelf that there is nothing to do!!! Yay! :o)
    Thanks for the Anne Burbrook info too, I will have a lookie later tonight. With that info you have motivated me to want to write it, so maybe everyone will see an Anne Burbrook bio up soon on bh.org ;o)

    By Blogger Believe in the Impossible, at 3:29 PM  

  • Hey Riss,

    Yeah bit of a procrastinator sitting right here...I think the very fact that I'm typing this when I'm supposed to be writing prep for my english essay tomorrow and writing notes for exams proves that!

    Haha and the naming the US states thing? I read that and just went OMG...my friends and I did that last week in maths! Haha...we got 45...we were pretty proud! Damn Delaware...that one got us too!

    I have now officially got Hungry Eyes stuck in my head and yes it was used in a HJ's ad!

    Go Telethon! $3mil...great effort! And everyone there was so sweet (esp. Mark Preistly, Rach, Simone, Charlie, Nat, Chris) except for Jason Smith...bah what a fake. Oh well.

    Anyway should go off and do my essay....but have an awesome time revelling in your freedom and in the knowledge that I am very, very jealous of you!

    Bec xox

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home