The Little Fish

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Get me one of those...


...diamond encrusted tennis balls thanks! Wowsers, they are just gorgeous! I swear they look better every year. No wonder the players are attracted to this tournament. I read that the players on the tour are forever talking about these tennis balls, and half the reason they come to play at the Hopman Cup is because they want one for themselves as they are hard to win, very rare and worth $50,000. I had a squiz at the display during the week and I think they have added more diamonds! Last night they said there were 174 white, pink and champagne diamonds in the stirling silver setting. Here is a pic, but it does not even come close to showing the true beauty of them. You have to see them up close with your own eyes. See Daniela Hantuchova on the right of the pic? She is holding one of the precious things. They were last years HC winners.

Anyways, in other news, my new years resolution is going fantastically. I am so stoked, you would not believe it. My new years resolution by the way was to lose weight and get fit and for once in my life I am actually following through with it. Usually I last a day or two and then slip back into old habits. But not this time. It is 7 days into 2006 and I'm still keeping a grip on my resolution. I have totally ditched the junk food (although I'm not being stupid and not allowing myself ANY junkfood. I have had a bit here and there, but nothing like what I used to) and eaten healthy and exercised every day. And bugger me it's working! I nearly jumped through the ceiling when I stepped onto the scales and saw I had lost a kilo. So you can imagine me today when I stepped on the scales to discover I had lost another! So that's 2kgs in 7 days, and I think that's super. I'm so pleased - it shows I can do it, and have the discipline to (god knows where the discipline came from though, seriously, I was always the sort of person who was going to start her diet 'tomorrow'). All of a sudden I want to do something though. The look of fried food repulses me almost now - like I looked at a bowl of wedges on Wednesday at work in the kitchen and I didn't even want one (last year I would've eaten plenty of those pesky wedges, lol) - never mind that they were cold and I hate cold wedges, but yeah. And it's down to one cool drink a week, if that, which should tear strips of me by itself. I was a terrible coke drinker last year. This year I'm saving my figure and my teeth haha!
The exercise is tough, but I don't mind it too much. I do it whilst watching tv (that's the Cleo Killer Legs exercises and the Cosmo tummy workout, lol!) and then do either yoga, pilates, bike riding or swimming every day. Sometimes 2 of those things. And it's working, which really inspires me. I am going to go back to dancing so fit and looking like a new person. I was so pleased last night when at the HC to suddenly realise my shorts fitted me better then than they did when I tried them on in the shop (and squeezed myself into them). Hurray!

Anyways, I'll stop going on about weight here, nobody wants to hear it I know, but hey this is my blog. Never fear though, I am doing this the right way, the way the doctors say to. So do not worry my friends ;)

The Hopman Cup felt truly weird without Loze there. I just kept expecting to see her around the Dome, wandering, chatting, whatever, as she always has done for as long as we've both been alive. I miss her a lot right now, just her not being at the Hopman Cup for the first time ever and then getting an email from her today and celebrating Christmas and NYE without cards or texts to each other as we always do. London is so far away :( I had a dream the other night that she was coming back in six months. Somehow I don't think she'll be returning that soon.

I got an email from TO tonight asking me if I could help her out with a tinies class on Friday mornings. Oh how I detest ECU right now for scheduling the Authorship and Publication class on Friday mornings at 9am! Grrrr this was the email I've been waiting for ever since she opened up her studio - the chance to teach, to help her out, to work with little kids again, and doing what I love most (dancing of course!). I was just waiting for her to ask me to teach for her, and then she did and I can't! Damn timetables to timetable hell! I so want to help her teach that Friday class! I tried to make it not sound so outright 'no I can't' sort of thing in my reply email, but really, what else could I say? I am so disappointed I cannot teach for her. I offered myself up for any other time and any other class (except the seniors, but then maybe I should offer myself for that class, cos omg do they need some work....shut up stop bitching Larissa!). I hope she can fit me in with at least one class to teach, sometime. Why does this always happen! Like I have the boringest life on the planet, nothing exciting or otherwise ever happens, and yet when something good IS offered to me, it falls on the same day, or at the same time as something else. This happened last year also when I offered to help TO with her concert rehearsals. We were all set to make her concert amazing and then Mrs S and CS make my concert dress rehearsal the same night as TO's concert - so I couldn't help out after all.


Ohhhh my God, it is sweltering in here, I must leave it here. It has been boiling the last 2 days, but it means I have been able to lay out in the sun at last and get some colour to my skin (which I have now achieved thankyou! :D) but it makes for some very uncomfortable nights. Especially when I can't turn my fan onto high because if I did the whole thing would come away from the ceiling! Tomorrow I think I will do so more sun baking, maybe some reading too. Will stay well away from Mum as she is in a terrible mood because Nanna was taken to hospital tonight and that always annoys her. I feel like catching up with one of the girls and having a coffee or something tomorrow, but who knows if that will happen!

Might go and watch some Blue Heelers before bed actually - last night I watched Be Prepared (great great great episode!) and A Question of Loyalties (another goodie - "And don't get any funny ideas, otherwise I'll knock your block off!" love you Pat Doyle!)

Goodnight!

Listening to: Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day
Give kids a voice. Support Kids Helpline www.kidshelp.com.au

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home