The Little Fish

Monday, January 30, 2006

Come on Shorty, it's your birthday

That's the song we danced to tonight in our first hip hop class with Lisa. I actually really enjoyed it. I was so unsure about doing this class, cos I still don't know if I love hip hop yet the way I love classical and broadway jazz, so I was just going to go and see how I felt and if i didn't love it by the end of term I wouldn't keep going. But today was our first lesson and it was fun. Lisa's choreography isn't as difficult or complex as Janelle's which was probably a good thing for us. Lisa kept saying all night how piss easy the steps were for us and how well we were getting them, but now we just have to work on getting the attitude and groove of it all cos we're all too trained into cabaret jazz and poitn our toes too much and keep nice posture and do everything nice and aesthetically correct, lol. Can't do that in hip hop though.
Anyways, at the end we had to split into a couple of groups of 5 or 6 and do the dance in just those small groups whilst everyone else watched. After that she went along the mirrors where we were all sitting and pointed at people going 'You...you..you...you...and you' to get up and do the dance again because we had 'caught her eye'. and she picked me! :oO WTF!? That never happens to me. I usually hate teachers that single out people like that, you know, getting the best dancers up to show off and perform again whilse the rest of us feel really poor because I never ever get picked. Janelle did that, and of course it was all the KF's and LT's and CM's of the group you know, nobody like me. But tonight Lisa picked me cos I had caught her eye. I couldn't get over it! So that's probably what made me love the class so much. Oh and it was also excellent cos Lara's back! :o) I didn't even know she was coming back...I thought, you know, when someone gets a taste of another state they never move back to perth, but she said Sydney was good for a year but she wanted to come baack home. It's great to have her back..one of us oldies.
Other than that I don't think I have any news to share with the group, lol. Dad and I went all the way to Willeton to look at a car before dancing but it was one of those ones that looks great on the outside but under the hood is a shocker. It rattled like buggery and totally chugged along and Dad thought it would need a wheel alignment, at least 2 new tyres and plus heaps more. He ever thinks it was missing a cylinder! Needless to say, we didn't buy it. It was pretty old, an '88 Nissan Pulsar and he was asking for $2200. the only thing that was good about it was the cd player and the fact it was just my size - nice and small. Oh well, gotta keep looking. I don't even have enough money saved yet anyways, I can tell this whole buying a car thing is going to clean me out big time and I'm going to not even have three figures left in the bank afterwards :o(
Australia Day was super, even though Ash and I didn't end up doing all what we had planned to. Didn't get to the foreshore till like 5pm and then it was all just over way too soon :o( Next year we're soooo going earlier. Then this weekend just gone we went to Hillary's on Sunday, just for a bit of relaxing and met up with one of her work friends. Damn the stupid sun though, I still didn't get any colour on me, even though I laid in the sun for like probably an hour (and the sun was blazing believe me) and I didn't have any sunscreen on! Where is the justice? lol!
I went to see Munich on Saturday night with VG and can I just say...WOAH. Top movie, I just loved it! I knew I would, but wow it was just so amazing! I reccommend everyone see it :o)
Anyways, I'm totally not in the mood to even write in my blog tonight so this will be one of my shortest entries ever! Can't wait for tomorrow...should be getting both Elise's and Rosy's packages in the mail! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Listening to: Copperhead Road - Lee Kernaghan - Blue Heelers soundtrack
Loved: Ellie www.paintyourtarget.net
Give abused children somewhere to escape to. Support Kids First www.kidsfirst.com.au

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home