The Little Fish

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Who would've thought?

Who would've thought people you chat to online or in forums could be so great? You hear horror stories about creepy people on the net, but the ones I have become friends with are all such great people. They do me favours, I do them favours, we read each others blogs, we have late night chats on msn, we write mammoth emails, we support each other, it's great. They've all been so good to me.
Like I met TO online, which if I ever tell anyone they think I'm super weird, which is why I lied to Mrs S about it and said we just randomly sat next to each other at comps one day and struck up a conversation and built up a friendship from there. And now look at us, we dance together, I am about to start teaching for her, I helped her in the early stages of her studio etc etc.
And Jackie, what can I say about Jackie? :) You're such a great friend! And we can discuss so much and know exactly what each other means, even at 4am. Our common bond of loving the golden couple started it all, and since then we have had some great chats and supported each other and been happy for each other (like her growing bambino! Which will be a boy! Yay!). I was so ecstatic the day Jackie told me she was having a baby, seriously, it was such great news, and I knew how great it was because we're good mates. And how can I forget how she made me a tape of the all time best Blue Heelers episodes that I missed! You should've seen me on the day that arrived on my doorstep Jackie! If only you could've seen!

And then tonight when I was on Blochworld dq wrote in the Blue Heelers thread 'I read about the axing when I was on holidays and I immediately thought of you!' and I was touched. People can be so nice.

And all the people on the bh.org forums that say so many great things about my writing and my fics, that is so nice. They really shower me with compliments and it's so kind. And like look at these reviews I've got from fanfiction.net...

"Wow you wouldn't know how long I've spent trying to find out who wrote this fic, I came across it somewhere else and I had to find out who wrote it so I could compliment them and it's really funny because I had that nagging feeling it was you because it had that same great style. But as it happens I was cleaning out my drawers (as I do when I'm extremely bored) and I came across this fic (that I printed out and kept in my drawer for rainy days) and I HAD to read it again, you'd think that I'd get bored reading the same thing over and over and over and over again but as you know when you make images in your head (even if their the same) you get gravely addicted! And I think I've said it somewhere before I love the way you write because of the really vivid pictures I see when I read your writing, it's really strange, they're so clear...yeah, oh now I've made a dill of myself! *blushes*
Aww and the last paragraph had me in tears (and I never cry!) so truly brilliant!Yep so this story has had a massive impact on me and yup I love it to bits! Still can't believe you wrote it though... but then again you are a fabulous writer. Ahh I'm so happy I could do a review on this fic...finally! And compliment you on your tremendous work...yep, think I might go and muse over it now!"

":) *cheers* YAY! Finally got to see your name on the top of the page again! I was terribly excitied!!Oh Brindy what can I say? It's marvellous! This mightn't mean anything much but I love the way you write, it's incredible. I don't usually mention it because people give me weird looks but I make pictures in my head when I read (I suppose everyone else does too), the more descriptive the piece the more I lose myself in the images and Brindy you really put me there, in the middle of it all and the pictures that I get when I'm reading are so vivid it's like watching a high definition movie! Everything's so real, that stark darkness when Alex got shot, the pain running through him (that actually made me feel a bit sick- usual reaction I get to pain!), the smell of the thai food and it's exotic taste, the vague glitter of light through Amy's hair. I just love everything about this fic...then again I love all your fics, it's that weird way they make me see things. Amazing portrayal of Amy, it's so fantastically 'real', I could just put myself into her shoes, which is something I can't usually do!Top stuff! It's was absolutely awesome! *sighs* :) I read your Christmas TJ fic the other day (for the fifth time! hehe I must admit, it the Christmas tree that gets me, amazingly good Xmas tree! I just read that bit over and over to see the Xmas tree- I've a bit of a sucker for bright lights and baubles!) and it wouldn't let me post another review *sighs* so just wanted to tell you it got me in the Xmas mood and that I loved it (again really, loved it all the times I read it to be honest!)Oh you gotta write some more! I'm in dire need of good reading material!"



Those are two of the nicest reviews I have ever got, and it makes me want to write for ever! It totally inspires me, so of course I am still writing. It's a bit embarrassing to be writing fics, but hey, my loyal fans love them!

So, just a big thankyou to all the great people I have talked to over the last 12 months, you're all legends - TO, PM, Jackie (thanks for the tape), Rosanna (thanks for the bag and BH bible you ARE going to send right? right? ;)) Elle, Steffles, Cat (thanks for the cd - you're my god! I haven't stopped listening to it!), Soph, Mads, all the people on TVAus and the bh.org forum. Hugs to you all!

Listening to: In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins (this song totally makes me think of super sexy ballroom/latin! hehe)
Loved: Rosanna www.practically-perfect.blogspot.com
Seeing Eye Dogs give the blind independence to live full lives. Support Seeing Eye Dogs Australia http://www.seda.com.au

6 Comments:

  • You guys have made me so super curious now! It's killing me...don't tease :o)

    By Blogger Believe in the Impossible, at 2:55 PM  

  • You are one of the sweetest people I know. I hate the fact we don't talk often enough anymore, I hate that so bad!! I know you are always there for me, and know that I will always be there for you! I love you so bad! *sends love*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:23 AM  

  • Aww Smelly - I love you too! :D

    By Blogger Believe in the Impossible, at 9:00 PM  

  • Me :) Yaya! I got a mention :)

    I've had the busiest week, my baby turned two! We need to catch up soon - I miss our chats in the early hours!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:01 PM  

  • Hey, I liked reading this blog - you seem like a really nice person. =] I used to run a fanfiction site, I was addicted to that thing, it was very popular too - my first proper website... then I ran outta bandwidth on freewebs and just gave up. I feel pretty guilty for letting the viewers down - but writing fanfiction is really demanding, don't you think? Perhaps not because you're one of many writers I guess. But it's great to get good feedback - and with the online friend thing - I know exactly what you mean. ^^

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:13 AM  

  • Ellie - Thanks for visiting ;) What sort of fanfiction did you used to write? It's a shame that you had to ditch your site, I would've liked to have seen it. Writing fanfiction is demanding I suppose, but only for myself. I so badly want to write so many fanfics - I am just overflowing with ideas, but sometimes I just can't do it! Ahh the frustration!
    Online friends are super aren't they? And look at this - we've each found one more! :)

    Rosanna - Oh My God...seriously?! :oO I am already expecitng a package from another friend on Monday - I might get yours the same day!!!! :oO Cheeses crust! I cannot wait until Monday! :oO Thankyou so MUCH!

    By Blogger Believe in the Impossible, at 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home