The Little Fish

Friday, February 24, 2006

Thank God for guys and pieces of wire!

Becuase on Tuesday when I went to get petrol I locked my bloody keys in the car. Cheeses Crust I was so pissed off, standing there swearing my head off at no one but myself and everyone around me giving me weird looks. Oh Christ I tell you I was so mortified! I went inside to ask if anyone could help me and one of the guys came out and had a go at it with a piece of metal to wedge the door open a little and a piece of long wire to stick inside to try and lift the lock. He worked at it for quite a while, at least fifteen minutes, telling me it was no problem and that it happens all the time and all. Didn't help though, I was still unbelievably embarrassed, especially everytime someone drove up behind me, sat there for five minutes and then realised that I sure wasn't moving because my keys were locked inside. Cue even more embarrassment! Anyways, this dude wasn't having much luck - I thought it was a long shot anyways, and was trying to think of who I could call (from a pay phone mind you, since my bag with my phone in it was also locked inside) to come and rescue me. I didn't want to have to ring anyone because that would be the ultimate embarrassment and I would never live it down, especially with kyle, and especially since we were talking about it just the other week and he joked that 'It'll cost you every time I have to come and rescue you'.

Anyways, soon this guy with 'Auto Electrics' written on the side of his van pulls up in the bowzer next to mine and he gets out of his van and gives this huge sigh and I thought he was just being all 'Omg what a typical female driver, locking her keys in the car blah blah blah' but two seconds late he comes over to us with this huge long length of steel with a hook on the end (kind of like the one you prop your bonnet up with when you open it up) and he was all 'Hey let me at it' and I was more than happy for him to have a go, cos all I wanted was my door open! Thank goodness he managed to get it open after a few minutes of trying and I was falling over myself with thanks, I was just so grateful. Then I filled up Brindy's tank, paid and choofed off outta there as fast as possible. I drove all the way to uni and couldn't stop thinking about it the whole way - I was just so embarrassed! And I haven't told a soul about it except to the girls at dancing - they understand.

And so is my first car story. And I've had it less than a month! How embarrassing. Oh well, now I've done it I've got it over with. Now, never again!

Listening to: Silence - Delerium - Brokedown Palace soundtrack
Loving: www.foundmagazine.com

4 Comments:

  • Haha! I worked at a petrol station and you have no idea how many people locked their keys in their cars! I remember one girl who left them in the ignition and the car was still running!

    BTW, my car is called Booga (or The Hulk if Brad is around). I think Rosannas car is going to have a complex the second she buys it, lmao!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 PM  

  • Hahaha I think it will with a name like Princess Conzwayla Banana Boat!

    Yes Rosy - my car has officially been named Brindy, short for Brindabella. Hahaha Enrique is....unique? You must think of something super duper to top Booga, Enrique and Brindy! After all I named my car after a race horse and a yacht! That's alot to catch up to!

    Now you just need to get a car! :P

    By Blogger Believe in the Impossible, at 12:00 AM  

  • LOL aww! Heehee.
    It's alright. Believe me, I know embarassment too! I fell splat into a glass wall in front of my crush and he was WATCHING and actually LAUGHED about it. Oh, and I accidentally started waving at his car. -slumps in embarassment-
    <33

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:51 AM  

  • [url=http://www.cheapcanadagooseparkas.ca]canada goose chilliwack[/url] The hotel underwent a complete makeover, just like Paula Jones. [url=http://www.busesbitermi.com]beats by dre[/url] Hftocc
    [url=http://www.christianlouboutindiscountsale.co.uk]christian louboutin[/url] [url=http://www.ogrelarp.com]Canada Goose Jacken outlet[/url] Unwaqi [url=http://www.pandorajewelryukonsale.co.uk]pandora bracelets sale[/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home