The Little Fish

Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'm a Myer girl now

Yes that's right. I got the job I went for on Friday. Without even meeting the Boss, hehe. It's a long story which I will spare you all. All you need to know is that I got a waitstaff position at the cafe inside Myer at Morley, and I start next week on a one month trial. Woohoo. It's nice to have a change of luck.

Uni is getting into full swing again, and I am so jealous of everyone I know who does not go to university. Ahhh to be you. I have quite a bit of work due soon, which I am so not in the mood to do. I can totally see myself slacking off when M+D go away on Saturday. Ahhhh laziness here we come, hehe. I can't wait til they're gone :) Peace and quiet at last!!

Saturday was my Sarah's last day at the cafe! Super super sad day...everything was 'one last time'. One last milkshake, one last cool room conversation, one last fluttering of an order in her ear, one last ringing of the bell to get my attention, one last almondine, one last slice of cake, one last lunch break. Sadness! She loved the pressie we got her though, and especially the card I created with sugar packets and coke labels. That way she will never ever forget our cafe. I still didn't want her to leave though.

The cafe has lost a bit of its shine for me in the last few weeks, ever since Sarah announced she was leaving and I got my hours cut, which happened pretty much at the same time. Maybe it's a good thing I have found a new job. I am still going to stay at the cafe (unless of course Myer turns out to be the job of my dreams, flexible and with exceptional pay), and I still melt anytime my wittle bambino comes in for a visit, but it doesn't have the same feeling it used to. What a shame. I guess not all jobs last forever though.

I would also like to say a little hello to Rosanna for no other reason than that she continues to crack me up to this very day. I am going to miss her when she goes to Europe. And just for Rosanna, I have put up a nice Blue Heelers picture as my picture of the day. ENJOY! :)

*This screen capture is from Blood Ties, 1998 *sigh* such a good PJ Maggie episode...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home