The Little Fish

Monday, August 21, 2006

Blasts from the past

Today I caught up with an old friend from highschool who we will call simply L here. I haven't seen her for like 2 years, and I don't really consider her a friend anymore, even though we used to almost live in each others pockets in year 12 and danced together and everything. But she's the sort of person who doesn't realise when she's forgetful (she's the most forgetful person ever...it's terrible) or blows something off that it can really piss people off or upset them. This happened after we left highschool and hence the reason we haven't seen each other in like two years. She didn't even realise this, cos like I said, she's forgetful, and like a month ago she fronted up to my door totally out of the blue and I wasn't home. So Dad gave her my mobile number and she messaged me a few days later saying she wanted to catch up.

I didn't really want to catch up, cos I am over who she is and how forgetful and annoying she is, and I didn't want to go back to being the way we were in year 12 where she just used me...I was the sympathy friend and she was the cool person who felt sorry for me. But she insisted. We organised to catch up on the Thursday after she came to my house. Thursday came around and I never heard from her.

She hasn't changed, that was what got me. So I didn't want to catch up. But this morning she messaged me (and I was in the deepest most best sleep ever...grrr Seriously why do people contact me before noon! I'm not awake people!) and I didn't have any credit and so I couldn't text back. I felt sort of guilty though, so when I went for my wax this arvo I went and bought credit and messaged her back and she was all "I'm at dance and design I'm gonna come and see you!" so I had no choice.

It was so odd seeing her again, even though she looks exactly the same. It was awkward for a bit, but she's such a chatterbox that it wasn't too noticeable after a while. But she is exactly the same, so I don't know, I wasn't that impressed to see her. But she bubbled over everything and I had to pull all of my costumes out of the closet from the past two years cos she wanted to see. I thought she was over dancing...that was why she left as far as I know, but apparently not, as she's going to TPC tonight to do a class. It shitted me though, she was like "Are you still at the same studio?" and said it as though that was a bad thing and omg you so should've outgrown that and moved on you loser. It annoyed me...maybe I like it there and the people there and don't want to move even if they are stuffy and trapped in tradition?

Anyways, she didn't stay long, just caught up on everything she'd missed being away from this area for two years, got into her boyfriends hot red fast car and drove away, promising to talk to me again soon.

Pfft as if that'll happen

1 Comments:

  • There's nothing wrong with tradition! :)

    I am over this new dandangle hiphop shit.

    By Blogger MissPia, at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home