The Little Fish

Sunday, October 08, 2006

To the bone

I feel like I have been working my fingers to the bone lately! No idea why...but I feel like I have. Must be the school holidays...they are making work so busy lately! :( This week at Myer has been ridiculous. I seriously wished I had called in sick on Friday...and Tuesday for that matter, haha. It was just so busy and I never stopped for the entire 7 hours I was there each day. And then, omfg, on Friday we ran out of bread. Can you believe that? How ridiculous! And I copped it from this stupid annoying girl from Portrait Place who rang up to order her lunch. I was like "Sure, as long as you don't want anything concerning bread" and she was all "WTF? You're a cafe, and you don't have bread?!" This was repeated with every single customer that came in between 1 and 3pm. It really was ridiculous. I was like "Can't you just go buy some more bread from Woolies or something Dave?" but he said there was no point....and apparently at Christmas it is always this busy (oh hoorah, something to look forward to NOT), and they always run out of stuff (Dave: "We run out of everything, everyday, at Christmas time"). I was like "Ohhhh EXCELLENT YOU DICKHEAD!"

Sigh, sometimes I wish I had never got myself into the hospitality industry. I have to put up with so much crap like this. Like today...I worked at other cafe the whole day. Now I admit it, I am a lazy slob underneath and I hated working all day (although I always LOVE the pay cheque) because I had to work in the kitchen instead of doing my beloved barista duties. I am doing this as a favour for my bosses as they are short staffed right now, but seriously, kitchen duties are wearing thin on me. And I have to do it until Stepachef gets back from Kuala Lumpur...and then Melbourne and then Rotto! Cheeses Crust!

So yeah...Cherie is ordering me around here there and everywhere, because suddenly, at like 11:30am it got hella busy and didn't stop for like 3 hours. Sigh. And she's teaching me how to make all this stuff and I'm thinking "Why is she teaching me so thoroughly...I hope this doesn't mean I have to stay on kitchen duties forever!" I will die if that happens. Give me back my cappucino machine!

I think I deserve some leniency because I am new to kitchen duties. But no one gets leniency when it's a Saturday morning, every table is full and the place is bursting at the seams. So when I fried up a small and a large wedges and handed them to Cherie, she looked at me like I was dead. "This is enough for 4 larges Larissa...wtf are you doing?!" And then another dead stare when I put the hotdog in the microwave (yeah I know ewww microwaved hotdog), set it for 40 seconds and walked away without pressing START. Sigh. Sometimes I just don't take my brain with me to work.

Anyways...so yeah on top of allllll that, the drains were blocked ALL DAY. Apparently it is all the butchers fault, because they shove their sausage skins and other grotty things down their drains and it finally came back to bite them (and the whole shopping centre) in the butt. We had to limit our water use all day to avoid flooding our kitchen. What a great thing to happen hey?

In other news...I don't have a lot of other news. My autobiography is going nowhere. I can't even get started and it all sounds so shithouse. Sigh. If anyone out there is willing to read some of my crappy autobiography notes please let me know. It might just help.

My fanfic is also going nowhere, especially tonight. But hopefully it will get going soon ;) I have written enough to keep the masses happy for now.

Rosanna, my good Melbournite friend, who would dearly dearly appreciate my above ramblings about life in the hospitality industry, is off to Europe on Sunday. If you're reading this Rosy...I will miss you! Have a great time!

Monette Russo is out of Worlds contention now :( which is a HUGE bit of sad news that I know you are all crying ovr right now, even if you don't know who Monette is (Cry dammit! Cry! It is BAD BAD BAD news!). How depressing. But alas, at the same time as Monette breaks her knee and can't compete at worlds, Nastia sprains her ankle and is out of All Around...which is sort of sucky for the US team, and gives Chellsie Memmel the tank more of a chance to defend her world AA title, and nobody with any sense wants that, but it means that America is almost in as much of a dire position this year gymnastically as Australia is! Snap!

It is almost Christmas....hurrah! Just thought I'd pop that into this useless blog of all blogs. The Christmas store at Myer went up weeks ago now and it is right outside the cafe that I work at there...so I am in heaven of course :) Me being a Christmas nutter and all. I cannot believe it is already October! Not that I am complaining...soon it will be my favourite time of year when there is no uni, no exams, no cold weather and no nothing to look forward to! I hear also that we're having a heat wave next week! How awesome is that! Ahhhhh here comes my tan!

Also did I mention I am joining a gym! No I don't think I did! Well, I have this free two week offer so I am doing that first to see how I go. God knows it is high time I pulled my finger out and stopped being a lazy slob with no self discipline. I even have bought some new runners just for the occasion (well, I sort of had to, since I didn't already own any, hehe). Here's hoping I can keep it up (I sort of reckon the fact that money will be taken directly out of my account every fortnight will MAKE me keep it up. I am most certainly not just going to throw my precious money away!)

Cheeses Crust, that's enough from me...I know you are all wanting to slash your wrists by now after reading all this. Before I end this randomest of random blogs, I want to send good vibes to Pia who has a screwed up dicky knee right now :( Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

Au Revior!

P.S Can you believe I finally blogged this terrific post that Rosanna would love...and now she's leaving and won't get to read it?! Oh the irony!

2 Comments:

  • Actually, you're wrong. I don't leave for a few hours and I'm just drinking juice, watching movies and eating mousse cake. Because life is so hard, and thus I must compensate with chocolate. Alot of it.

    I just read your post with DELIGHT Riss, particularly your stories of the hospitality industry sucking hairy balls. You said it sister!

    I didn't know you were a Christmas nut. I shall get you something from the Christmas markets in Austria.

    Well, talk to you when I get to London! I'll be sure to email.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 AM  

  • Thanks Larissa!
    I got the results back btw... will post on my blog

    By Blogger MissPia, at 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home