The Little Fish

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Drama drama drama and a little bit of Lisa McCune

Well nah not really drama, just a little. That title is quite misleading isn't it! I had some dramas yesterday when I went to do some errands and my car wouldn't start. Stress time! I hate when my car won't start...I just want it to run smoothly and go well everytime I drive it so that I don't have to worry. But it's temperamental, just like me I guess!
So anyways I had to ring the RAC and turns out the battery was dead. And of course, I chose the time where the RAC are at their busiest - right after the Easter break! So I waited from like 3:30pm until 6pm to see two different RAC men - one to see if it was the battery (and to then discover that it in fact was) and another to come and actually replace the battery. But I was quite impressed - Mum has always told me stories about RAC men being grumpy old so and so's who grunt and mutter at you, but the two guys I had were very nice. I think they were pitying me a bit, as I babbled on and on about how I'd just bought the car and it's my first one and all and they were both really nice.
Anyways, so all that waiting meant I missed an entire afternoon of running around doing things I had planned to, so it was up to today to do them after work. First headed to the Salvation Army store to try to find me some sort of Woodstock costume to wear to Tegan's 21st on Saturday. I found a top that hopefully looks hippie-ish and Mum has dug me out some beads which unfortunately are a little more 80's than 60's but I'll see what I can do.
Anyways! Whilst I was there I sauntered over to the video section on the off chance I might actually score a lucky find there - and bingo! I DID! :o) Hurray! A copy of The Inner Sanctuary in mint condition for only $4! Of course, only my fellow closet Lisa fans like Jacks, Cat and Rosy will appreciate this find...and they'll understand how excited I was to find it! Just the other day I was telling someone how I would kill for a copy of this movie, and how many times I have kicked myself for not buying it when I'd had the chance in the past. So yes, quite happy I now have me a copy of one of Lisa McCune's only films! I love lucky finds like that!
Oh and last night I went to comps - yes that's right, comp season has begun again yay! - to watch some of the girls. Only LW, AW and KW were on and they all did well. Only LW got a place though - an SM for her modern and she deserved it, I have seen her do it before and last night she did it really well I think, better than all the other times I've seen it.
I realised though last night that I am perhaps getting a bit bored of comps. I don't know what it is, but I just really rolled my eyes at the boring traditions that we seem to have. Like all the same girls place with the same routines to the same music with the same choreography from the same studios years after year. Like right now all that's new and interesting is the costumes! I'm just so bored of seeing the same people in every section and the same people losing and the same people winning all the time. it's so boring! Not to mention unfair! There was this amazing girl in the Own Choreography solo last night, she was just so good and her dance was fantastic, but because she was in a section with J-S and RD she didn't get a place. You'd think that an interstate adjudicator wouldn't have prejudiced views, but maybe they do, because they give the same placings a WA adjudicator would.
Anyways I won't keep babbling about it - but lt's just say I was disappointed and I was just dying to see a modern solo to something that was actually modern! Something from say....the 90's? Or the 00's!? Rather than music no one has ever freakin' heard of before unless you do dancing in a Perth studio.Even the slow modern's were like that. I so wanted to see a dance to a song with some grunt, some rawness and some real meaning! I hope that when I go on Friday night to see the open slow modern troupes that it's a good strong night, cos quite frankly, Tuesday night was boring as shit!
I have totally forgotten what else I was going to say, dammit. Oh well, I'll leave it here then. Just wanted to wish PM loads of luck with the opening of Suessical this week and I'm wishing Elle a great week too ;o) I hope you're not sick of me yet Elle, cos I just bought a book of stamps today!

Listening to: Working Class Man - Jimmy Barnes
Give blood, blood gives. Donate at 13 14 95

4 Comments:

  • LJ it's spelt Seussical but thank you so much! ;) Hope you can get along to see it - it's a fun show!

    http://www.bocsticketing.com.au/get_events_info.asp?id=SEUS06

    http://playlovers.org.au/seussical.htm

    Just a heads up, if you book tickets through Playlovers you don't have to pay a booking fee.

    By Blogger MissPia, at 12:02 AM  

  • How could I be sick of those gorgeous little notes I'm recieving, thankyou.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 AM  

  • Oooh, did you see Lisa on Rove?? I taped it... Georgie kept interrupting her and making me mad!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:09 PM  

  • Of course I saw it Jacks! How could I miss something like that :P It was tops - I taped it too, lol! Now where are some caps hey ;) *wink wink nudge nudge* We need to see Lisa in that gorgeous dress with that gorgeous hair!

    By Blogger Believe in the Impossible, at 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home