The Little Fish

Friday, June 02, 2006

The end is near...


...and I AM SO SAD! Where are my tissues dammit! I know it sounds super lame o (except to my fellow Blue Heelers fans, who understand exactly how I feel) to everyone else, but I am so upset Blue Heelers is finishing. Seriously, I am f*cking crushed! :( This is something I have watched every single week for 12 years, and that's a long time, so long that it's become a part of life, and now, after Sunday, it won't be anymore. Everyone says that I will have my tapes and dvds, but it's not the same. They're not new episodes...they're not developments with Susie and Jonesy...they're not new John Wood performances...they're not super duper Amy storylines... :( It's not the same. I am going to miss it so much :(



In other news....the newest member of our cafe family has arrived at last! I am beside myself with excitement! Ahhh babies! Don't you just love 'em! I have been running on pure adrenalin and excitement since like the middle of yesterday afternoon when I found out the contractions had started! Sarah and me were CRAZY at work last night...and so you can imagine how crazy we were when Cherie was taken back to hospital because her waters broke at 8:30pm! All I remember is wiping salt off the counter, my head down, working hard, and suddenly Sarah's washing up gloves flapping in front of me on the bench and Sarah screeching "She's gone to hospital! She's gone to hospital! Her waters have broken!" and Sarah jumping up and down like a freakin' jumping bean! I of course then became a jumping bean with her (of course!) and we preceded to finish our shift and close the cafe at 9:10pm...just ten minutes late cos we were all distracted by the news, and were placing new bets on what time the bambino would make its entrance. Oh and constantly reminding Rob that if he didn't ring and let us know the moment she had the baby that we would never forgive him, lol! Sarah and I practically danced down the mall and into the carpark we were so hyper! But then we settled down and talked for more than half an hour in the dark carpark...it was too funny!

Today has been crazy, but so exciting! Robert called me at ten to seven this morning to tell me, and it was my job to inform the rest of the cafe crew, which meant I was making a lot of calls and a lot of messages very early! But no one cared, they were all as excited as I was! And I was bombarded with messages back to me. They have only stopped coming in the last hour or so....and now it's almost 3pm! At 3pm I am ringing up the hospital again to see if she is up to visitors...and if she is (I hope she is!) I am picking up Sarah at 3:30pm and we are going to go visiting! I am so excited!

1 Comments:

  • Well you have at least got videos and dvds of Blue Heelers I never really did get to watch much of the Blue Heelers. But I still am not happy so i can understand how you feel about the axing i hope channel seven become nice and at least replay the whole series from the start on Saturdays. Other cop dramas from the US and UK are not the same because this one is an aussie production. Do you know any Blue Heelers episode downloads.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home